Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Police Sergeant dismissed over bribe


"All days are for the thief but a day is for the owner".  Nemesis caught up with a police sergeant last week on his attempt to get N25,000 bribe from a motorist without him noticing he was being recorded.

Sergeant Chris Omaleze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jSyEe6CK8Cg

The following conversation ensued between the officer and the motorist which needs to be critically examined.

Motorist: I don't have N25,000
Police: Ok talk better thing now make you turn here dey go your airport
motorist: I don't have more than N2000
police: hun! hun!! hun!!! o.k
motorist: if you want to help me, must i pay N25,000
police: Hello sir, I know you cannot drop N25,000. I say drop something reasonable
motorist: I told you I just got my ticket in the car now. do you want me to show you.....?
police: (Interrupted) Listen now, listen
police: what you are saying is very far, I say talk better thing reasonable, add something to that make you                   dey go your way
motorist: oga
Police: I know there is no way you can raise N25,000, I a man like you and moreover I have opened up to                you that I am not working alone
Motorist: If you are a man like me you know that I wont stand on that ground and risk paying a bigger                         amount when I get... I don't have
Police: O.k you get... add something reasonable make you dey go
Motorist: I don't live here, I came here to collect something. I have N5,000 on me, if I cannot.... atleast I                     am going back to Ajah, I'm coming back to airport tomorrow. What do you want me to do ? I                     told you if I drop...
Police: Listen, listen, no be $50, $20 and other dollars dey there?
motorist: but I told you I have to pay excess luggage, that was why I offered you....
Policeman: so all these $50 and $20 you go use excess luggage?
Motorist: oga...

Policeman: Now we dey speak grammar by the time when street no go take two of us you go change to my                    own because I go continue my work.... add something to that money.
motorist: I don't have
Police: you don't have?
motorist: I don't
police: but if you have any call you can make before we proceed. Let me call my second let them book you
motorist: you cannot help me because I cannot put anything to the N2000
police: don't worry. I have related with you like my own brother, like a friend
Motorist: have I not spoken to you like a man to tell you what I have?
Police: if it is possible to come from that side to come here you think I will still be inside the car?
Motorist: so you think I will waste my time here if I have more money to add?
Police: oga answer me I am not working alone if Iam working alone even if it is N1,000 I will collect and                  nobody will query me (phone call) hello Wasiu, a beg that motor, that Jeep wey i carry commot                   from there is not ready, just tell oga make he book am. I wan hand am over, a beg. No, he no dey                  ready, he dey beg me N2,000.


The police officer identified as Chris Omalaeze was said to have been dismissed according to Deputy Force Public Relations Officer Mr Frank Mba 
According to information, Mr Omalaeze had served in the Police Force for 21 years
The police affirm that it will intensify efforts to weed the thorns from the wheat among the Nigerian Police. It also advises Nigerians to consolidate the efforts of police to get rid of corrupt officers.
Dear reader, do you think that this police officer worked alone on that day? Why should he be the only one to be dismissed. Please let us know your opinion on this matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment