Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A woman narrated how her husband was killed by a police officer

Mrs Modinatu Bello, wife of a 60 year old deejay, Adamson Bello, had narrated how a policeman from Okokomaiko Police Division in Lagos State on Sunday killed her husband by a stray bullet.

Hear her story:
“I had just arrived from Ondo that Sunday. I prepared pounded yam for him and later, he said he wanted to stroll out to the other street where our son, Afeez, also a deejay, had a musical engagement.
“A few minutes later, Afeez rushed in and started screaming that his dad had been hit by a police stray bullet.
“I rushed to the scene. Everybody had fled. Even the police team that wreaked the havoc had deserted the area. It was only my husband on the ground in a pool of blood.  Later, neighbours helped me and we took him to a hospital around here, but he was rejected because there was no police report to...
explain the gunshot wound.”
Modinatu said a neighbour advised her to get the police report, adding that when she got to the station with them, policemen on duty locked the gate and trained their guns at them.
She said, “We told them we had not come to fight, but needed a police report. They asked me to come in and took my statements. But despite the statement, I was not given any police report. After pleading with them and getting no positive response, we decided to take our chances. My husband died when we got to the Badagry General Hospital.”

 An eye witness said that nobody could explain why the shot was fired by the policeman.
He said, “Baba Fasilat (Adamson) was sitting in front of a house a few meters away from South Bound Hotel which was being guarded by a team of policemen.”
“Suddenly, one of the policemen fired a shot, for reasons nobody could explain.
“Unfortunately, Baba Fasilat was hit in the chest. Immediately people saw what had happened, there was confusion.
“Other police officers started shooting into the air to scare people away and pave the way for their escape.”
Modinatu, however, said she knew about the calamity that befell her from her son.
I plead with relevant authorities in the police to step into this matter. My husband must not die in vain. I want justice.”


















No comments:

Post a Comment